Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Review - The Mansion

I just finished reading the short story "the Mansion". In a talk by President Monson, he said:

"In a few days my family knows that I will read again my Christmas treasury of books and ponder the wondrous words of the authors. First will be the Gospel of Luke - even the Christmas story. This will be followed by A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens and, finally, The Mansion, by Henry Van Dyke. I always must wipe my eyes when reading these inspired writings. They touch my inner soul, as they will yours."
President Monson's address delivered at the Tabernacle on Temple Square, Sunday, Dec. 6, 1998.

Never having heard of it, I found it interesting that he listed it with A Christmas Carol and Luke which most everyone have read, so I decided to read it. It is a traditional Christmas story that reminded me of A Christmas Carol where a few small things remind someone of changes they need to make in their life. Let me know if you want to read it and you can read my copy. I don't think it is much more than 20 pages.

No comments: