Thursday, January 15, 2009

Movie Review - The Duchess



On a plane ride to Chicago last week I saw the Duchess. I was very happy that it was the movie they were showing as it is something I doubt I ever would have seen otherwise. It certainly didn't seem to be my type -other than the fact that the super hot Keira Knightly is the star. However, I was very impressed and was sad to see it end. Keira plays the Duchess of Devonshire, a true life ancestor of Princess Diana. She is married to the Duke, played with emotionless distance by the great Ralph Finnes. He really doesn't know how to show love and only wants a male heir while his wife keeps having girls. Keira is the real star here. It is amazing to see her play this incredible woman who was a political and fashion star, beloved and almost worshiped by a nation, and yet she is at the same time this lonely woman maltreated by her husband. Powerful yet helpless. Very well done and I recommend it to everyone.

1 comment:

Playfulkarenb said...

Yes, I want to see this for sure!